Monday, January 16, 2012

Passionfruit Butter

I was introduced to passionfruit butter by my mum a few years ago. At first I didn't like it, but, the more she bought it, the more I grew to like it. I had though about making it a few times and then never got around to it.

At the end of November we went down to the Hunter Valley to go and see the Christmas lights at the Hunter Valley Gardens. Whilst we were down there we picked up some passionfruit butter and it was the best I've ever tasted. The perfect balance between sweet and tangy. I knew I would have to make some of my own now so I scoured the Internet for a recipe that looked easy enough and had good reviews. I found this recipe that had gotten 5 stars from each of it's reviewers. And it looked so easy, just four ingredients and four steps. Easy!

And it was easy (phew!). There was one stage that I thought it might not work but i kept going and it turned out well. It did take longer than stated in the recipe, but I can see how it could only take 15minutes to prepare if you were seasoned in making stuff like this. Anyway, here are the results:

 This is just after putting it into jars. The recipe made heaps, filling all four jars.

And here is what it looks like after being refrigerated all night.

The recipe called for the pulp of 12 passionfruits, but seeing as passionfruit isn't in season I used 3 small (170g each) tins of passionfruit pulp instead.

So if you ever want to make passionfruit butter, I highly recommend this recipe. I really want to try making a lemon & lime butter recipe and maybe even an orange, lemon and lime recipe. Leave a comment if you have ever made these and link to your fave recipe. I'd love to see what your fave recipes are!


P xx

No comments:

Post a Comment