Thursday, December 22, 2011

I bought myself an early Christmas present...

I decided after all to treat myself to a DSLR, an early Christmas present to myself and I am so glad that I did. My kitty, however, has show some loathing towards it! I decided on a Canon EOS 550D with a twin lens kit. I'm still learning to use it (I've mastered the auto settings, but really want to learn the manual settings). Once I've done that I'll plan a few trips up the Blue Mountains and to a few other places to test the camera out a bit more.

After looking around for a suitable camera bag, one that would hold the camera body with a lens attached, plus room for 1-2 other lenses and not finding a one that I liked I turned to the Internet. The problem with all the camera bags in the shops was that they looked like a camera bag - an unmistakable sign for "I'm carrying around expensive equipment". That was definitely was not what I was looking for. I found this nice bag that looked big enough and more like a handbag from Camera Chick:


The bag is "B Hobo" by Kelly Moore. It fits my camera and spare lens and has room for my wallet etc so I wont need to carry around a second bag when I want to carry my camera around with me. It's just the right size and is well made too, but it does need a few good outings to really test it out.

If you have any photography tips or have/know of any good photography blogs, leave a comment below.

And here is a photo of my kitty, just coz:


Have a good Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment